Computer Fried? Try Rice!





Earlier this week, I spilled a certain brand of sparkling, soft drink on my laptop; not what the doctor ordered!

Immediately after the laptop was covered, I grabbed a cloth, wiped the drink from the outside of the device, saved my work, shut down the computer and took the battery out. There was a burning smell- it may just have been the juice- so I left it for a while. When I picked the laptop up (to hide it from my parents of course) water spilled out the corner. I then realised that much more juice was inside the computer. After shaking it for several minutes, most of the liquid had dispersed from the inner casing. To allow the remaining water to escape, I propped the device up against a wall in such a way that the drink would drip out the corner- the one in which I believed most of the liquid was located. This worked and, over twenty-four hours, most of the remaining drink escaped. After this time, I re-inserted the battery and powered on the device. It worked!

And this is where I am now. Just to be sure I believe I should leave it another day to dry out, but my question is; what do you think I should do? Several friends have already suggested that I use rice to dry up the liquid- which apparently isn’t as crazy as it seems- and use a vacuum cleaner to suck the remaining juice out. Do you think these ideas will work? Have you had to do something similar?

Please comment and do help me...

Your Ad Here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modded Black Widgets/Apps