PCAutoWaker for Android



PCAutoWaker is an Android application that takes the hassle out of pushing one button. If you lead a hectic life- juggling work, family and friends- this application really could help you. PCAutoWaker automatically turns your computer on when you arrive home. If you always use your computer- as most people do- this will save you a lot of time waiting for your computer to boot.

When your phone connects to your WiFi network, PCAutoWaker turns your computer on, ready for you to continue your work or browsing. The quoted features are below.

  • It start a PC with Wake on LAN (WOL) automatically if connected to the access point which you set.
  • It register yourself to greatest five of them beforehand and can start at the same time. 
  • You can start all the PCs registering by manual operation. 
  • It can start by manual operation in individual treatment. 
  • It come in ON/OFF by automatic start.
I guess this means the application can wake your PC automatically when your device connects to a LAN, can turn on up to five computers, can manually start computers, and can automatically start and stop when your device connects and disconnects.
I personally do not fully understand the point in such an application. If you need to start you computer quickly, 'hibernate' it. If you want it on when you get home, leave it on. I am also not sure if I would like to trust an application of this kind. If I'm writing an important document and my phone disconnects from my WiFi network I would hate for my computer to shut down and loose my document.
If you would like more information about PCAutoWake, visit its Android Market page here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modded Black Widgets/Apps