XMI X-mini 2nd Generation Mini Speaker Review


The X-mini 2nd Generation, the tiny but powerful portable speaker. Another product which I have received  from MobileFun.co.uk.

Hit the more link for the full review.



This tiny little speaker is definitely not what you expect it to be. It is very powerful and they even state on the box themselves "warning unbelievably loud". It most definitely is loud when it's pumped all the way. I just wasn't expecting to be as loud as it is. The sound quality isn't amazing but it's good enough, just don't expect it  to sound like something from Bang & Olufsen. With the £19.99 price tag you can't really expect amazing sound quality anyway. When turned all the way the up speaker doesn't distort and also it doesn't sound tinny. It's also got quite a good bit of bass for something so small. The way they have achieved this is by literally making it come out like a cylinder so there is air beneath the speaker.


From the picture above you know what I mean by the cylinder kind of design. You have to twist the speaker and it pops out to make this form.

Design of the speaker I personally think is very good looking. It has a nice matte grey finish which I really like. Makes it look stylish and discreet. It's not something that's there trying to show off in bright blue. It has a nice rounded shape all the way round except from the bottom where it's flat so it stays sturdy. The bottom has little rubber feet to stop it from slipping. The headphone jack and led light (which indicates it's on) are also located on the bottom. Though whenever I have it in my hand it makes me want to throw it like a ball which I don't think would be a great idea.

From this picture you can really see how small it is compared to my HTC Desire

The speaker has a rechargeable battery which I think is a great feature. The battery lasts from about 4-8 hours depending on how loud you have it. I personally think that's a lot of listening time for something so small. It charges through a micro-usb which comes in the box with it.

One cool thing about this speaker which I couldn't try it because I don't have 2 or 3 of them is that if you do have 2 or 3 of them you can connect them all up so they all play from one source. It's a great little feature which I haven't seen before but I think might work.

Overall though this a great little portable speaker for people who travel a lot and might want to listen to their iPod aloud or want something to replace their crappy laptop speakers. At the price of £19.99 you can't really go wrong because you get good sound quality and a quality made and designed product.

XMI X-mini 2nd Generation
iPhone 3GS Accessories
Dell Streak Accessories

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modded Black Widgets/Apps