How To Improve/Save Battery Life - Android

Comments

  1. this would have made a great article.. but i can't spare 12 minutes to watch this video.

    a text article w/ screenshots for this type of article is way more desirable than a video

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Danny

    Hey someone who left a comment on the video had a same kind of idea of just putting down bullet points.

    I'll come up with something tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theres an app on called xda Superpower thats fantastic. It kills background data while the screen is off and restarts it every time it comes back on. It works well, and I'm now getting about a day and a half worth of life on my Vibrant instead of the usual 8-10 hours. Its only for root users though.

    Also, if you have a Galaxy S phone that is rooted, check out some of Team Whiskeys ROMs. They use a mostly black theme that saves power because of how the Super AMOLED screens work. Instead of creating black pixels it simply turns off pixels to represent black. Therefore, black = no power consumption for the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm I might look into that app.

    Yeh I do the same, my Desire has a AMOLED screen.

    It's why I have a custom theme and dark background. Any kind of dark backgrounds save battery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its free and in the market (at least in the US). The only caveat is that it makes your wifi a little wonky. I sometimes have to reenable it from settings instead of power control. Not a big deal for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol 12 minutes? Might want to know what you're going to say before you hit record

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Where can i find your dock icons and particularly the iphone home button.
    Thanks's

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're not my icons.

    They're called "Suave", google them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Modded Black Widgets/Apps