Android So Far!

Hello there fellow humans, humans from the planet you call Earth. I come in peace from the planet called Android ;)

Ok well first of all how did I get into Android itself!

I was never into Android till about October 2009. I saw some amazing and damn right beautiful Android powered devices coming out and I was just like "damn, gotta get myself one of those Android phones man, they is B-E-A-utifil!" (Yes I did just quote that from Bruce Almighty, what a great film!)

Anyway because I'm a student I couldn't afford a device straight away so I was determined to save up for one from the money I earned from my part time job.

Then when April came the amazing HTC Desire was released I just had to grab one for myself, so I did.

I was ecstatic when it came through the post, I had officially joined the force (yes the thing you call Android)!

I was never into the iPhone scene just because I didn't like the idea of being locked down to there way of doing things, I mean like no dis-respect to iPhone users at all. On Android you controlled the phone not the phone control you.

The only thing I liked about the iPhone was the UI and how smooth transitions and stuff like that are. I do have to say though the new iPhone 4 is very stylish compared to the previous iPhones which felt too "plasticky", always felt like if you dropped it, that's it, it's broken!

The reasons I went for Android and the HTC Desire was because, you can root quite easily, very unique, homescreen widgets, multi-tasking, high quality/resolution screen, 1Ghz Snapdragon processor, MicroSD cards, unlocked to any network, gorgeous and classy design and last but not least the amount of ways in which you can customize and make it unique. The customization and uniqueness is what I went for most. I didn't want my device to look like everyone else's, with the same background, icons, colours...ETC. I wanted my device to fit me and the person I am, wanted it to be individual.

After a month of hardcore use with Android I got the feel of it and how it operates. Learning as much as I could about the OS, widgets and things like that. This is when I also got the courage to root it and start customizing. Once I rooted I was on Android HARD for about 2 weeks, trying out many different ROM's and themes. All this happened thanks to the people on XDA, yeh thanks guys got me addicted to Android, worse than bloody cocaine, thanks a lot!

LOL I'm joking, if it weren't for the people on XDA I wouldn't have been able to get to where I am today so a big thanks to everyone on there! It's great to be a part of the community.

Anyway carrying on with my story...

I've been into art, graphics, photography...ETC, since quite a young age and I've always loved it. But I tell you now I'm not the most talented guy in the world. I learnt how to use programs like Photoshop since the age of about 14 and have been at it till this current day, always keen to learn more.

This is when it came to mind, I could make my own icons, themes and mod widgets to fit me, so I did.

I've come out with many modded widgets and themes and always doing more and more. You can have a look at all my work which is in the side bar.

I modded the widgets to a kind of minimalistic plain style, which is what I like most. I can edit them in many other ways but this is the kind of design I prefer most.

I'll always be doing more and more so keep up to date with all my work!

Comments

  1. Haha, nice story. Good to see you achieved so much, esp. with Android! I used to be heavy user of Photoshop, making forums signatures, web templates, forum skins, wallpapers, etc. and then got bored, lost my motivation and just quit Photoshop altogether lol. After seeing such amazing creativity on Android home screens of people, such as you, I feel motivated to start Photoshopping again for android haha. But, where to begin? :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Modded Black Widgets/Apps